if you aint got one get one and save yourself money
the Aprilia RS 125 hayne work shop manual
are a must own for all Aprilia RS 125 owners
Click here to buy now
|aprilia rs125 race bike|
aprilia rs125 Warming up
1) After engine start up, engine speeds of 6000 rpm to 7000 rpm will be kept with constant throttle opening until coolant temperatures go up to 40°C to 50°C.
2) If coolant temperatures reach the specified level above, then the throttle is gradually opened until 10000 rpm is attained. After that, snapping is used to keep warming up and the fuel cock is turned off when coolant temperatures reach 55°C. If coolant temperatures reach 60°C to 65°C or you feel sharp engine revving up, warming up has been completed.
3) To stop the engine, fully close the throttle. Do not turn off the kill switch while throttle is kept open.
Running in plays an important play in determining your physical conditions or avoiding mechanical failures. New machine or those with some parts replaced with new ones must be run in.
1) • for running in mileage, see owners' manual.
• Coolant temperatures: about 55°C
• Carburetor setting should not change from the best settings (lean setting must not be acceptable)
2) • Running at as higher gears (5th or 6th) as possible using fully open throttles is the best. If engine speeds are going up beyond the set speed, full opening or closing of the throttle is used to control the engine speed.
• Engine speed associated with down shifting should not be raised so higher. (engine braking rpm associated with down shifting should be gradually raised as well)
3) • To stop the engine, fully close the throttle. Do not turn off the kill switch while throttle is kept open.
The reasons why running in is required
Running in means the work which makes moving parts to move smoothly without resistance. Running in must result in smoothness instead of looseness. Smoothness without looseness means that parts are able to move to intended positions accurately, speedily without any resistance, resulting in, when parts are assembled, the best performance.
Good running in practice will give parts prolonged life, providing constant performance for extended period of time.
For instance, if loads are applied to pistons at a stretch at the initial stage of running in, deformed pistons will result, which will reduce service life of the cylinder as well since already deformed pistons cause severe contacts partially at the extended travel kilometres. Also, the performance will be degraded as well.
Good running in practices will secure constant performance for periodic part replacement periods.
see more Aprilia RS 125 posts here
thanks for reading the Aprilia rs 125 owners blog , if you would like to support us you can by buying your Aprilia RS 125 here on ebay uk or buying parts for your Aprilia RS 125 parts here on Ebay UK , or you can buy An aprilia rs125 haynes manual off Amazon UK here or for RS 125 accessories at Amazon uk here
BUY the ultimate Aprilia RS 125 workshop manual bundle HERE
You can also visit our sponsors website 125 sportsbikes and spares here .
Visit chinas Ebay and buy motorcycle products direct cheap and safely here